For some people happiness comes from money, girls, fast cars and big houses, for others, there’s cake. This vanilla tinged, velvety and crunchy dose of dopamine is a guaranteed hit at wakes, turning them into a rave with each serving. #RaveGrave
Watch Batman Chocolate Cake Video!
500g of plain/gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
100g cocoa powder
300g caster sugar
6 tblsp applesauce
Vanilla Soy Milk
Vanilla extract (to preference)
4 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (or to preference)
500g Dark chocolate (to preference)
- Pre-heat Oven to 190°c
- Mash the bananas with the same joke about mashing bananas that we made in the video. If you can’t replicate that, then breakdance. Also add applesauce.
- Combine dry ingredients to form Voltron.
- Combine banana/apple ‘fusion’ to the dry ingredients to form ultimate Voltron.
- Add milk to thin the mixture. #SlimThick
- Half the mixture into separate tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 190°c
- Be the Knight.
- Be the BAT!
- The applesauce & bananas not only act as natural sweetener but contain substantial amounts of potassium. This lowers blood pressure. Stops blood vessels from thickening & oxidative damage. As an added bonus, Vitamins B6 & C are also present. B6 Allowing the body to store energy from proteins & carbohydrates.
- Vitamin C having antioxidant activity- destroying free radicals & boosting Callogen, an important component in wound healing & immunity (but not immortality, working on that!), scaffolding on a cellular level, found in your bones, muscles, tissue & tendons. Vitamin C improves the absorption of iron in plant based foods. Great news for vegans!
- Peanut butter, full of sticky peanutty goodness, also contains magnesium for energy production & transportation of calcium & potassium efﬁciently across cell membranes. Helping you get criminals into their own cells faster & without fatigue.
- Cocoa clad with iron, it contains tryptophan which stimulates the release of serotonin, the chemical which makes you happy. No need to be sad about your parents Master Bruce, you have chocolate.
- Vanilla Soy- fortiﬁed with B-12/ B-6 its ideal for your nerves & memory. Keeping those detective skills sharpe & reactions swift on the shadowy streets of Gotham